If you’re planning a trip near the French Riviera anytime soon, you need to make some time to go visit the charming city of Antibes. Whether you’re staying in Cannes or Nice, a day trip to Antibes is incredibly accessible via the train line, and once you arrive in Antibes you can easily walk the town. Take a stroll down the waterfront and see the multitude of incredible mega yachts, and meander into Old Town to experience Antibes’ charm. From the harbor, Port Vauban, you can see the 16th-century Fort Carre (open year-round except Monday, Christmas, and the first day of January, May and November).
What to see and do in Antibes
Visit Antoine Pierini’s glass art gallery, and experience glass blowing first hand
- Go sunbathing at Plage de la Salis toward Cap d’Antibes
- Visit the Picasso Museum
take a leisurely walk around the Provençal market
Check out the Absinth Museum Balade en Provence and drink absinth like it used to be done
- At the resort of Cap d’Antibes, check out the Tour du Grillon Naval and Napoleonic Museum in the Sella Tower and views from the sanctuary of La Garoupe.
- Walk around Old Town and explore the charming cobble stone streets
Where to eat in Antibes
Have lunch at le Figuier de St Esprit and treat yourself to a 1 Michelin-starred meal with ingredients sourced fresh daily from the local market, and the love and talent infused by Chef Christian Morisset. It will truly be a memorable meal.
Where to stay in Antibes
Should you decide you want to spend the night in Antibes, I highly recommend the following hotels. Make sure to email me at [email protected] to book your stay and get the VIP treatment.
HOTEL BELLES RIVES
During the 1920s, F. Scott Fitzgerald made his home at a seaside villa which is now the storied Hotel Belles Rives. This luxury art-deco hotel boasts just 43 rooms, and has a beautiful patio for alfresco dining and a fabulous hotel bar fittingly called Fitzgerald Bar. The hotel’s restaurant La Passagère has one Michelin star, and the terrace is perfect for yacht watching while enjoying a cocktail. When booked through me, I can also include:
- Upgrade at time of arrival subject to availability
- Complimentary full breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay, served in restaurant
- Complimentary Sunbeds at the beach for the entire stay AND $100 USD Food &Beverage credit (April-September)); $100 USD Food & Beverage credit from October to March
- Early check-in/Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
HOTEL DU CAP EDEN ROC
This hotel is a hotbed for celebs during the Cannes Film Festival, and is one of the most beautiful hotels I’ve ever seen. It’s the epitome of sophisticated relaxation, and offers a combination of seaside cabanas, rooms, suites, and villas.
If you’re planning a trip to the Cote d’Azur, I’d love to help plan your stay, as well as all the activities that can be enjoyed while there. The French Riviera is a stunning area right on the Mediterranean with incredible food and drink, and lots of small towns to visit and enjoy. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with questions that you may have, and don’t forget to check out Antibes!